|Spedini stuffed with Rapini||
Recipe Type: entree
- 12 chicken tender strips pounded flat
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 bunches of cooked Rapini (see recipe below)
- 12 small pieces of sliced sharp Italian salty cheese
- 2 cups Italian prepared breadcrumbs (add 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese)
- 1 large bunch rapini (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Pound chicken flat and with your fingers put olive oil on both sides of chicken (do not dredge in olive oil).
- Dredge the oiled chicken in breadcrumbs for both sides
- Put large spoonful of Rapini in center of chicken
- Lay a piece of cheese on top of Rapini
- Roll the chicken over the Rapini and closed with a toothpick.
- Spray a oven proof dish with Pam and arrange the chicken in the dish
- Place the sliced onion in between the pieces of chicken
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes then uncover for 10 minutes to brown.
- Trim the ends of the rapini and discard any yellow or withered leaves. Cut off the stems. Cook the rapini in a large pot of boiling water until crisp-tender (about 2 minutes.) Drain and transfer to a bowl of ice water to cool. Drain again and pat dry with a kitchen towel to remove as much excess water as possible.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper flakes and cook for about 1 minute. Add the rapini and cook until heated through (about 5 minutes.) Season with salt and pepper.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe