Great summer fat free recipe appetizer. Fruit salsa is a served with tortilla chips or cookies. Lots of fruit flavors to choose from like kiwi, pineapple, granny smith apples, cranberry, cherry, pear and more. Perfect for back yard barbeque or summer picnic.
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored but not peeled
- 1 Cup strawberries
- 2 Kiwi
- 1 TBS apple jelly
- 2 TBS brown sugar (I use Splenda)
- 2 TBS orange juice (I pour over apples before adding to rest of ingredients to make sure they don’t brown)
- 1 PKG tortillas
- Cinnamon & sugar
- Chop fruit into small(like salsa) pieces and combine all other ingredients.
- For tortillas:
- Dampen tortillas with water and sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mixture
- Cut into wedges (like pizza slices) and bake at 450 degrees for 5 minutes